Reticular Vein Treatments in Sioux Falls, South Dakota (SD)
Reticular veins are located deep in the leg and are more likely to swell and give you discomfort, particularly when you stand for long periods of time. They can also show up on the face.
If you notice squiggly, spaghetti-like veins showing up on the surface of your skin, you may have reticular veins.
Causes for reticular veins
Much in the same way spider veins and varicose veins manifest, reticular veins are caused by flowing backwards and pooling in the veins rather than traveling towards the heart. This happens because the valves or walls of the veins are not working properly. Reticular veins occur more often in women than in men.
Symptoms of reticular veins include:
- Bulging blue or purple squiggly veins on the thighs, legs, ankles, and sometimes face
- Discomfort in the legs that occur after long periods of standing
- Leg discomfort disappears after 10-30 minutes of leg elevation
Treatments for reticular veins
- Sclerotherapy. This is a procedure that involves injecting a special medication into the problematic vein. It collapses the walls of the vein, which causes it to seal shut and become scar tissue.
- Surface Laser/Light Therapy. Surface laser or light therapy uses focused light to heat up and close the reticular vein. Blood flow is naturally rerouted to healthier veins.
The cost of treating reticular veins can vary depending on your area, physician, and insurance coverage. Generally, your health insurance may cover a treatment if your doctor determines that it is medically necessary, and is not just for cosmetic reasons.
About Physicians Vein Clinics
Thank You For Choosing Physicians Vein Clinics
Physicians Vein Clinics is proud to offer the region’s finest vein removal services, using state-of-the-art technology and the skill of a board certified vein physician and laser expert.
About that free screening…
If you have ever wondered whether or not your vein problems can be easily fixed, find out with a free screening at Physicians Vein Clinics. The screening won’t take long and you’re under no obligation to receive further services. We should also be able to tell you whether your insurance will cover the procedure.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Your free screening consists of three steps:
- We will review your medical history and perform a visual exam of the problem area. If necessary, an ultrasound examination will be obtained to identify the underlying cause of your problem. The ultrasound diagnosis isn’t needed very often, but if it is, this is a separate diagnostic test that requires billing to your insurance.
- We will diagnose your vein issues and discuss expected outcomes with you.
- Dr. Hansen will perform a visual exam and talk over the next course of action with you. If it is determined that your case is medical in nature, we will schedule a consult that consists of mapping and drawing your veins to prove venous deficiency and submit it to your insurance company. If the problems are cosmetic, they will discuss costs and treatment options with you.
Once you decide to move forward with treatment, we will work around your schedule to perform the procedures. Each outpatient procedure is different, but you should expect to return to normal activities in no time with minimal discomfort. Your specific treatment expectations and after-care will be discussed in detail prior to your appointment. Our professional and friendly staff is here to answer all your questions and make your time with us comfortable.
Featured Specialist for Reticular Vein Treatments in Sioux Falls, SD
Physicians Vein Clinics
Lornell E. Hansen II, M.D.
Call Now: (605) 937-6503
3401 S. Kelley Ave.Sioux Falls, SD 57106
This form is currently unavailable.
We encourage you to call if you have questions or wish to setup an appointment.
Thank you for contacting Physicians Vein Clinics.
For a quicker response, call directly at (605) 937-6503 during office hours.