Thank You For Choosing Physicians Vein Clinics
Physicians Vein Clinics is proud to offer the region’s finest vein removal services, using state-of-the-art technology and the skill of a board certified vein physician and laser expert.
About that free screening…
If you have ever wondered whether or not your vein problems can be easily fixed, find out with a free screening at Physicians Vein Clinics. The screening won’t take long and you’re under no obligation to receive further services. We should also be able to tell you whether your insurance will cover the procedure.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Your free screening consists of three steps:
- We will review your medical history and perform a visual exam of the problem area. If necessary, an ultrasound examination will be obtained to identify the underlying cause of your problem. The ultrasound diagnosis isn’t needed very often, but if it is, this is a separate diagnostic test that requires billing to your insurance.
- We will diagnose your vein issues and discuss expected outcomes with you.
- Dr. Hansen will perform a visual exam and talk over the next course of action with you. If it is determined that your case is medical in nature, we will schedule a consult that consists of mapping and drawing your veins to prove venous deficiency and submit it to your insurance company. If the problems are cosmetic, they will discuss costs and treatment options with you.
Once you decide to move forward with treatment, we will work around your schedule to perform the procedures. Each outpatient procedure is different, but you should expect to return to normal activities in no time with minimal discomfort. Your specific treatment expectations and after-care will be discussed in detail prior to your appointment. Our professional and friendly staff is here to answer all your questions and make your time with us comfortable.
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
- Cosmetic Services
- Conservative Therapy
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
Lornell E. Hansen II, M.D.
Lornell Hansen II, MD—our Owner and Medical Director—is one of the area’s leading experts in laser technology and is continually performing research in the area of venous medicine. Dr. Hansen also trains other area physicians, physician’s assistants and nurse practitioners in his fields of study. He is a member of the American College of Phlebology, which is the study of vein diseases and disorders. His credentials include:
- Board Certified in Phlebology
- Board Certified by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Practice
- Diplomat of American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Diplomat of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Medical Director and Owner of LazaDerm Skincare Centre
- Committee Member and speaker at the American College of Phlebology
Dr. Hansen has been recognized as a Patients’ Choice Physician in 2012 and 2013. This award is bestowed upon physicians based on patients’ reviews of the quality of care and service they received. Of the nation’s 870,000 active physicians, only 5 percent were accorded this honor by their patients!
- B.S. Biology – University of South Dakota – 1987
- B.S. Medical Science – University of South Dakota – 1992
- M.D. – University of South Dakota School of Medicine – 1994
- Internship – Sioux Falls Family Practice Residency – 1995
- Residency – Sioux Falls Family Practice Residency – 1997
The American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine
Questions Physicians Vein Clinics responded to